Bungie has dropped a bit of information on Destiny 2: Season of Dawn activities and items.
In Destiny 2: Season of Dawn, the Vex Invasion has been defeated, but Osiris needs you to stop a new threat.
Apparently, a council of Cabal Psion Flayers is manipulating time in order to undo your victory against the Red Legion.
In the new season, you will be going back in time to “save a legendary hero,” defend the Sundial from the Cabal in a six-player activity, and you will earn new weapons by completing Timelost weapon frames. These activities are only available through the season pass.
Season pass holders will also instantly unlock the Exotic Scout Rifle, Symmetry.
All players will be able to upgrade The Lantern of Osiris to increase Power and unlock seasonal gameplay mods.
Season Pass holders will have access to the following:
- Instantly unlock the Exotic Scout Rifle, Symmetry
- Play the new 6-player activity: The Sundial
- Exotic Quests, Seasonal Armor Sets, and Ornaments
- New Triumphs, Bounties, and Seasonal Lore Books
- Exotic Emote, Ghost, Ornament, and Finisher
- Additional Season Pass rewards to unlock
All players will have access to the following:
- Free Seasonal Rank Rewards
- Seasonal Artifact: The Lantern of Osiris
- Help Osiris fix the timeline by restoring Obelisks on four destinations
- Unlock the Seasonal Armor Set: Righteous
- Progress through Season ranks to earn the Exotic Scout Rifle, Symmetry
Season of Dawn kicks off on December 10 and Bungie will show it off in a livestream tomorrow, December 4.